Zanzibar has made strides toward becoming a knowledge-based society, with progress in building a new-generational air and fiber optic backbone network, including government offices. Meanwhile, broadcasting has evolved through digitalization and direct-to-home services on top of existing licensed private radio and television stations.
Additionally, mobile phone technology and utilization have both grown in recent years, with increases in the number of service providers, users, and mobile service products. In 2015, Zanzibar developed its ICT Policy, which is aligned with the requirements of TCRA-the national regulatory authority. The policy uses the principles of competition as a means, of promoting rapid sectoral development.
Despite the development of hard ICT infrastructure, last mile connectivity to premises remains a challenge: households and businesses are not sufficiently connected to the network nor are they optimally using digital products and services.
The future plans for the Zanzibar government are
Accessible and affordable communications services throughout Zanzibar, linking all areas to air, fiber optic and emerging ICT infrastructure.
Effective ICT usage in productive sector services to improve efficiency in trading and to reduce transaction costs; and
Reliable, accessible, and affordable broadcasting services through an expansion of digital infrastructure, expanding their reach to both local and international audiences.
According to the Revolutionary party (CCM) election manifesto 2020-2025, clause number (103) (a-e), identifying the digital economy is important to bring development for increasing efficiency in production and implementation of a variety of activities and to provide opportunities for increasing income for the individual and national.
The digital economy has been seen as an important area in contributing to promoting the economy in the country as it was done in other middle-income country.
Either, the digital economy looks alike a fourth industrial revolution is coming which they are inevitable. So then, CCM will continue to manage the government to ensure new digital technology is used to increase efficiency in the production sector and avoid the harm that may occur.
The period of the next five years, CCM will direct the government to do the following:
- To prepare and implement strategical to develop and to increase professional ability and use of new digital technology.
- To control negative effect that may occur due to use of new digital technology.
- To make it easier for service delivery from government to public by establishment of one stop center in order to increase efficiency and to make it easier availability of government services.
- To strengthen research and innovation center and to develop Information and communication technology (ICT), includes capacity building and to increase use of new digital technology and artificial intelligence.
- To develop electronic government(e-Government) which consider system security and government information and to make easier for public servant task and citizens to get service for easier and efficiency.
Kalynda E-Commerce Limited work with many merchants to help them increase store sales, improve store reputation, and help merchants achieve higher sales and higher profits in the future.
The job content is to help merchants increase online reviews of products on e-commerce platforms such as Shopee and Zalando through the Kalyinda platform, help merchants quickly create popular products, improve online rankings, and help merchants gain more online exposure. Product promotion commission.
Kalynda E-Commerce limited is the incorporated under the Companies Act,2002 and that the Company is limited with the Business License No: 2000031405. Licensed issue for the business of online marketing and sales at the 14th day of JUNE TWO THOUSAND AND TWENTY TWO in Tanzania.