Job Identification : 101759
Job Category : Project and Program Management
Locations : Abt Associates, Dar es Salaam, TZ
Posting Date : 04/22/2022, 08:38 AM
Apply Before : 05/31/2022, 08:38 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Regional Director – Kilimo Tija Project
Abt Associates seeks a Regional Director for the Tanzania Kilimo Tija project focused on the horticulture market system. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam or in the Morogoro field office. The Regional Director is responsible for overseeing the implementation and coordination of the regional project activities in the horticulture sector, overseeing regional office budgets, and coordinating with partner organizations. S/he will supervise and work together with specialists in market systems, access to finance, producer organizations, youth, gender, nutrition, and administrative personnel.
- The Regional Director will coordinate program activities within their region and will develop partnerships with key private sector players and institutions key to creating a robust horticulture market system.
- S/he will establish and maintain systems for project operations including workplan development.
- S/he will coordinate and maintain working relationships with key project stakeholders (host country ministries, local government officials, and private sector partners).
- The Regional Director will report to the Chief of Party and will closely coordinate with the US-based project team.
- A master’s degree in international development, agribusiness, business, finance, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience in the horticulture sector in East Africa, preferably in Tanzania.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a supervisory role with projects of similar complexity. Specifically, market system development in the horticulture sector, coordination with private sector partners, investment strategies, and addressing constraints from farm to market.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to engage productively with a wide range of organizations, beneficiaries, and related parties (e.g. producers, government, private sector, NGOs, research and training institutions).
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing inclusivity objectives in agriculture and trade.
- Understanding of and/or skills in CLA and/or using adaptive management techniques is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required, oral and written fluency in Swahili desirable.