REVOLUTIONARY GOVERNMENT OF ZANZIBAR
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING, ZANZIBAR
SCHOLARSHIPS TENABLE IN THE REPUBLIC OF MAURITIUS – AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2021/2022
Call for Application
Applications are hereby invited from qualified Tanzanians to apply for undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered by the Government of the Republic of Mauritius for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Undergraduate programmes
- Not be more than 26 years old and not less than 18 years old;
- Have a minimum of five (5) credits for Diploma programmes); OR
- Have an Advanced Certificate for Secondary Education or equivalent.
- Masters Degree Programmes
- Be below 35 years old; and
- Have at least an upper second class undergraduate degree.
- PhD Programmes
- Be below 40 years old; and
- Have a first class undergraduate degree from a recognized University or a Master of Philosophy (M.Phil. degree) and meet the requirements of the awarding body.
- MPhil/ PhDProgrammes
- Have an undergraduate degree with at least an upper second class (or CPA/GPA greater than 60%) and preferably with a Master degree.
- Documents required
- (i) A completed application form;
- (ii) Certified copy of birth certificate;
- (iii) Certified copy of biodata page of passport (if available);
- (iv) Certified copies of relevant educational certificates and transcripts along with a certified translation if they are in a language other than English or French;
- (v) Copy of conditional offer (letter of admission) by a public Higher Education Institution (HEI) in Mauritius;
- (vi) A report of medical examination issued by an official medical body;
- (vii) A detailed research plan of about 750 words for Masters and 1500 words for PhD; and
- (viii) Supporting statement from a prospective supervisor from a University for PhD candidates.
- Scope of the scholarship
The scholarship covers the following:
- (i) Tuition fees and course-related costs;
- (ii) Go and return airfare;
- (iii) Living allowance; and
- (iv) Free health care.
NB: There is no top-up loan or grant from the Government of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered scholarships other than the one offered by the Government of the Republic of Mauritius.
- Application procedure and submission
- An application form must be filled in electronically, printed and then signed.
- Application forms can be obtained from the websites: http://highereducationmauritius.com and https://education.govmu.org/Pages/Mauritius-Africa-Scholarships-2020.aspx
- A copy of application form and all the supporting documents must be submitted to the Ministry of Education, and Vocational Training, Zanzibar in pdf format as one zipped folder through these email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th August, 2022.
Ministry of Education, and Vocational Training,