Senior Technical Writer
Job Category: Technical Services
Requisition Number: SENIO001308
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Dar es Salaam, TZA
Leads the process of writing technical material that analyzes, articulates, and supports the organization’s objective to learn from and disseminate Pathfinder’s implementation experience and technical strategies. Contributes as a leader in the organization in identifying and responding to strategic opportunities in technical visibility.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Technical Publication Development: Develops (in partnership with relevant content owners), writes, edits, coordinates and disseminates technical documents (technical publications, case studies, and journal articles) to share implementation experience, formulate lessons and recommendations, and position Pathfinder as a thought leader in SRHR.
- Contribute to identifying and responding to opportunities for Technical visibility: Work with project teams and technical leadership to review project achievements and learnings and identify opportunities for technical visibility; including developing strategies and positioning for Pathfinder engagement in major conferences.
- Proposal Writing: Collaborate with the Business Development, Technical, and Country teams to develop and write sound technical responses to donor requests for proposals/applications. Develops, writes, and edits Pathfinder proposals, demonstrating Pathfinder voice, style, and technical familiarity with Pathfinder strategies and approaches. Contribute to other proposal components as needed, including editing and writing capability statements, biographical statements for personnel, among others.
- Project documentation: Respond to donor reporting requirements and dissemination opportunities by writing technically-leaning project materials (legacy documents, high priority final reports, technical briefs, abstracts, posters, presentations, etc.) that comprehensively describe Pathfinder’s work, achievements, and lessons learned.
- Project Management: Leads in the in-take process, managing technical writing requests and assignments from across the organization.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Technical Writing: Advanced knowledge and application of technical writing principles and practices.
- Dissemination and Visibility: Advanced knowledge and skills in developing project dissemination strategies, including leveraging project dissemination opportunities for donor positioning
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR, including special challenges faced in the developing world.
- Proposal Development: Advanced skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal.
- Data Analysis: Advanced knowledge of data integrity and collection methods.
- Project Planning and Management: Advanced knowledge and skills in project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives.
- PC Applications: Mastery of skills using publication software.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using English and French languages
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others, including donor agencies and local partners, through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations from prepared materials to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating working relationships with key constituents.