We are a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
MERCHANT SALES SUPPORT-3
Position: MERCHANT SALES SUPPORT-3
Location: Absa House
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Sourcing and Sale the product to New to bank prospect Merchants. Job holder will be responsible 100% for sourcing and bring New to Bank merchants to the bank.
- The role holder is responsible for sourcing and on boarding New to Bank Merchants
- The role holder must fully understand the product (both POS and E commerce) end to end.
- Understand pricing of merchants in details to avoid on boarding loss-making merchants due to poor pricing.
- Understand strength and weakness of competitors in the market.
- Know and understand merchant sectors and their category codes.
- Work closely with other departments to generate/obtain easy leads.
- Identification of potential merchants and convert them quicky especially new business which are expected to open.
- Manage daily attendance levels within the team in compliance with the relevant HR policies, including management and approval of leave within the team.
- Able to cross sell other products within the bank.
- Share leads from on boarded merchants to other departments/Units with the bank.
- Prepare both pipeline and sales performance trackers on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and provide results to the Merchant Relationship Manager
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE