The World Cancer Research Fund(WCRF) has provided a list of recommendations that may help prevent up to 40% of all cancer cases. Here are some of the top tips you can follow:
- Watch your weight and exercise regularly. Ensure you include at least 75 minutes of vigorous exercise every week.
- Follow a healthy diet and eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day, particularly green leafy vegetables like spinach and broccoli
- Avoid processed foods high in fat, starches or sugars, such as ready-made dishes, snacks, cakes, biscuits and sweets.
- Do not take unnecessary dietary supplements; if you eat a healthy diet, you don’t need supplements.
- Instead of drinking fizzy drinks and sweetened fruit juices, try to drink more water and unsweetened drinks. Cut down on alcohol.